Wednesday, July 19, 2017

WOYWW 7-19-17

Yay, I made it - another post in the same month! So far, things have been all quiet on the family front. Let's hope it stays that way.

 I got a new rug for my office/craft room! Here's a photo:


That's our cat, who can frequently be found on my office chair or the new rug. (Well, it's new to me. I found it on Facebook for a fraction of the price I would have paid on Amazon. And no offgassing!)

This week I started working on a scrapbook for our whirlwind trip to California. Here's a photo of the first page: 


Since I am the only driver, and my husband doesn't take cell phone pictures, and we were in a hurry, we have very few photos of the first leg of our trip. I relied heavily on stickers for this page. 

One more photo - this is a picture of one of those paintings that you do in a group and everyone paints the same picture.


I'm not going to pretend to be a great artiste. But it's been rattling around the house since we moved last year. I finally got a frame and hung it up!

That's it for now. Check out some talented people at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ to see what others are doing this week.

11 comments:

  1. Personally, I love your painting - the way the swing looks as though someone has just jumped off from it... gets the mind and imagination working. It's really lovely :)
    Have a great day! :)
    Bubbles #5
    https://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/woyww-424.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, love the rug and I think it's a GREAT painting! I can imagine myself there to be sure! Blessings, Felicia #32

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the rug! I need a new one to hide the threadbare carpet (too much crafting stuff on the floor to replace it!) the painting is fab. Helen #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nice rug and even better that you got a bargain as well. I'm looking for a bigger rug for my living room but haven't had much success yet - I'm not worried, one will turn up when I least expect it :-D
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne. Hope your trip was a good one - with, eventually, lots of photos and lovely memories. Your painting is great! I did one of those evenings just before Christmas last year -0 it was so much fun - and I also have the painting up on the wall!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scrapbook and the painting. Love the rug (obviously someone loves the feel of it already). Hazel WOYWW 12 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your art work is lovely. The carpet is gorgeous I have to say well done for getting it. Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great WOYWW, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your picture looks great! And what a cute cat. As I typed my cat jumped in my lap. She must have know I was looking at another cat!! Lol
    Have a great day!
    Diane #19

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those Paint Nites. I've done two with coworkers and we have so much fun. Yeah, not much of an artist either but I still have mine hanging in the room. Yours is wonderful! Thanks for visiting me earlier. Dorlene #31

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your painting! I can even hear the swoosh of the swing in the breeze. The frame you chose really sets it off nicely.
    It's always great to find a good deal - on anything. It definitely looks cat approved!
    I'm visiting late this week!! Today is my last day on the job and I'm taking advantage!
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay (28)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for displaying your work. You should be proud of it. Love the movement of the swing. Happy WOYWW Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete