Wednesday, October 26, 2016

WOYWW 10-26-16

Whew! I finally made it here! I'm running a bit late, which I'll explain in a minute.

Here is a picture of my workdesk, aka dining room table. 


As you can see, I've made some minimal progress. I need to clear off the other end of the table. I have now found out that we will be hosting Thanksgiving for the immediate family, and perhaps my daughter and her family, so it will get done!

Two of my granddaughters have birthdays 6 days apart. Since they are small, and I was in a hurry, I made one card for the two of them, using some cute stickers I found in a discount store. It's kind of a lazy way to make a card, but I liked the stickers! 


See, I put two bear cubs, since it's for two girls!

Now, as to why I'm running late . . .

It starts with the fact that we moved six months ago. We're still unpacking, and the living room is the worst room right now, with a lot of stuff that needs to be moved/stored/shredded etc. Yesterday I wanted to work on that, so I went into the living room and proceeded to unpack a large box of linens I had already started a week or two ago. While sorting through various said linens, I noticed a very unpleasant smell wafting around me. I investigated, and found that our cat had a couple of small accidents in that area (of course). Unfortunately, I only noticed one of those accidents at first, then saw some footprints, made by me. I sat down and looked at the bottom of my brand new shoes that I bought a couple of days ago to wear exclusively in the house. Alas, they were brand new no more. I removed the shoes while in the living room, and embarked on some vigorous cleaning - no more unpacking for me! The shoes were very inexpensive, which is a good thing, since I now have a bleach spot on the toes of one foot, from a bleach solution soaking through the sole to the upper part of the shoe. 

Last evening, I noticed the same familiar odor in my bedroom, which puzzled me. I had removed my shoes in the living room, so as not to track my cat's lovely present all over the house. So why did my bedroom smell? I thought perhaps the smell had traveled down the hallway into my room. But after going to bed, the smell became much stronger. Finally at 2:00 a.m. I had to start poking around, and found out that the cat had also left me a present under my bed. On the far side, against the wall. After an hour of cleaning, I turned off my alarm and went back to bed. The originator of the problem must not have liked the smell either, because he was laying outside of my bedroom door, rather than sleeping on my office chair, as usual. As soon as I finished cleaning, he resumed his regular spot. Here's the guy who caused all the problems: 


See how innocent he looks!

That's all for now! Time to get started on the rest of the day. Be sure to check out some talented crafters at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-386.html?m=1  who hopefully have had a less exciting night than I did. Have a great rest of the week!

13 comments:

  1. lovely workspace and cute cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put two bears for the two girls and that picture on innocence furry friend is adorable! Beautiful card and your work space is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! I'm actually trying to get it to look less like a workspace and more like a dining room table!

      Delete
  3. That is an adorable card for your granddaughter's. Sorry about the little "gifts" your "innocent" looking kitty left you. :). Hopefully you can now finish your unpacking without incident. #50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I'm going to take a stab at the unpacking again tonight. I think maybe the cat wasn't feeling well.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear! On the cat issue, but so cute! Fab make and desk

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    No. 34

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Sounds like your cat might be a little upset by the move. Looks so innocent too!

    Your card looks wonderful. I'm sure your granddaughters will love it.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #42

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor kitty! I think it was caused by the stress of moving house! We're planning to move too (as soon as we find a suitable property), so I'd better keep an eye on ours. Cute little card - nobody can hold it against you that you made just one amongst all this upheaval. Thanks for visiting earlier! zsuzsa #24

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Card and busy work space. i have one cat that has a problem from time to time leaving presents around. Seems that is the only way they know to show their discontent. Have a great week. Vickie #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stickers are indeed cute and perfect for two little girls. I hope they like it. I feel you with the unpacking. We've been here over a year and there are still so many boxes. It's frustrating, but I'm sure not as frustrating as the kitty presents. I'm glad you found them and got them covered. Here's hoping your kitty gets past this phase!
    Hope #43

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated WOYWW. Cute card and I am sure all pet owners understand how you felt when the cat's accidents were discovered. We just get on and clean it up, grumble under our breath and still love them! Ali x #7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, kitty did a whoopsie.... would a kitty litter tray help?

    Happy WOYWW for last week by the way - I'm late getting round.... as always.

    Morti @23

    ReplyDelete