Wednesday, August 16, 2017

WOYWW 8-16-17

Another week, another WOYWW! My husband and I are busily preparing for a long road trip, this time for fun. We are traveling West from Chicago to Yellowstone, and circling back further south, with plenty of stops along the way. I'll post some photos during future WOYWW's. Meanwhile, I have one birthday 5 days before we leave, and two while we're gone, so between that and preparing for the trip, I'll keep busy!

I've also had some other birthdays to keep me occupied. Here are two cards I made for my grandsons.

Their birthdays are 9 years apart on the same day, in June. I only recently got around to taking care of them due to all of the family drama this year.

Here is a card I made for my daughter. I am at her house now. She went to the Cubs game last night to celebrate, so I watched her three youngest children, and spent the night.
It was my first time using distress inks. I think I need more practice!

I finally remembered to take a picture of my actual workdesk. Here it is!
I took it at night, so it's a bit dark. In the blue basket are things for current projects, with my paper cutter laying across it. The basket on the left holds stamps that need cleaning. The other baskets hold miscellaneous items, like stamps, wipes, glue, etc. The green coffee container holds my adhesives and is sitting on a cardboard box that holds various inks. There is also a beverage glass and a container that held some grapes that I enjoyed as I finished my daughter's card. Eventually I plan on putting a storage rack on the wall to the right, to relieve some of the clutter. The rest of my supplies are at different places around the room.

That's it for this week! Check out some other talented crafters at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com. Have a good WOYWW!






11 comments:

  1. Such lucky grandsons to receive a loved one's precious handmade cards. Sfae travels and-
    Happy WOYWW!
    ~Rose of Rose's Art Garden #36

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne, your trip sounds like a wonderful adventure. I look forward to seeing photos taken during the trip. Your cards are lovely and perfectly designed for the recipients. I particularly like the one you made for your daughter - very pretty. It's a rule of crafting that stuff/stash increases to fit the space available so a rack might help but then again there again could be more stash will come along to fill the space made available. :) Have a great week ahead. Elizabeth x #28

    PS: Thanks for your earlier comment and your kind words about my makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susanne. Lovely cards - and a great time to be had while you are away. Enjoy!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card for your daughter is really pretty, I love the flowers! Your road trip sounds amazing, I look forward to seeing the photos :-)
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh love all your craft goodies. Have a great week xx Jan (42)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne. I love the card for your daughter. Very pretty. Your desk is a lovely crafting space. I laughed at Elizabeth's rule of crafting ... stash grows to fit the space available. Thst is soooo true for me! Have a lovely week, Heather #30

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute kiddie cards and I really like the one you made fro your daughter too with the doily and the flowers - lot's of dimensional elements! Hope you have fun this week! zsuzsa #29

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne, great desk shot. The cards are lovely. Looking forward to seeing your trip photos. Have a great time. Have a lovely day, Hugs, Shaz #4 Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you did badly with your first go at distress inks, your daughter's card looks great. How lovely that brothers share the same birthday (not that they'll think so until they're older). Happy WOYWW Sarah #25

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card for your daughter! And your grandchildren's cards are fun too! Have fun on your trip! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Suzanne, very jealous of your road trip, it will be marvellous I know. Based on my own experience this summer of driving from Boise to Flagstaff! Love the cards. My husband and brother are 8 years apart on the same day, it's really extraordinary isnt it! As for s shelf to relieve the clutter - great idea but just be warned that any space you free up on the surface will soon be filled again!

    ReplyDelete