Wednesday, August 23, 2017

WOYWW 8-23-17

Yay - another WOYWW! I just feel glad about that, for no particular reason!

I've had a busy week, as usual. I forgot to mention last week that I was planning on going to the Scrapbook Expo in Schaumburg, a suburb of Chicago. It's a big deal around here. Not only can you find some great bargains, but they also offer classes and space to crop. So far, I haven't been able to take advantage of the latter two, but I do enjoy the shopping! I promised my husband that I wouldn't spend much since we're trying to save for our trip. Here's a photo of my (rather small) haul.
I bought 5 pages of stickers, which are on the left. I don't have dies or stamps that are very interesting for boys, but have two grandsons, so I rely heavily on stickers to make their cards. The sticker pages were only $1.00 apiece! I also got an embossing folder with a nice floral pattern, two adhesives ($2.00 apiece!), some magnetic sheets to store dies, and last but not least, some Christmas sentiments, since I will be making our cards this year (guess what I'll be working on during vacation!).

I also got some cardstock on sale at Michaels.
I use 110 lb. weight for my cards' bases, but only had cream and white, which was getting a bit boring. Since I mainly make cards for female recipients, I chose this package of delicate pinks for some more colorful bases. It was on sale for $10.00, not bad at all!

Here is my second scrapbook page for our California trip.
This is the house where we stayed. It is set up for families who have relatives in the hospital and need a place to stay. It was very beautiful and comforting. Unfortunately, I am having some trouble with my photo editing software, so the colors in my printed photos are way off and require several attempts before they are even passable. I'm trying to figure out what to do about that.

That's it for this week! Be sure to take a look around at some other workdesks from a group of very talented people at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com. Have a great crafting week!



11 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, great bargains there. You can get magnetic sheets really cheaply from Amazon- I buy A4 sheets and cut them in half. Plus, they are cheaper than 'craft' magnetic sheets! Go figure.Have a lovely day, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaz always has such great shopping tips!! Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne. A great looking place for just when you needed it. Well done on the page, and all those bargains! Brilliant.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarp pages... and a lovely place to stay when you need it... Love the stash bargains... Enjoy!! May #15

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you got some bargains! I'm with you on the stuff for boys, so I tend to use stickers too...love those that you chose. Makes me feel better to know that you'll be tackling some Christmas cards too, was starting to feel a bit alone with my mania!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne. Some nice bargains there! I am visiting Canada in a few weeks and believe there is a Michaels store in town, so may have to pop in! Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by my blog, Heather #6

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bargains Sue, enjoy using them. Have a great woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have Picassa? That's what I use, and although it's not great, it does the trick most of the time - and I know I didn't pay for it! Nice little stash! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you manage to sort out your colour problems soon, although only you will know that the colours in the photos are off; they seemed fine to me as I haven't seen the original locations. well done on your bargains, especially the card and stickers. Sarah #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for exercising restraint, Suzanne! Sometimes window shopping is just as much fun and you don't even need to feel guilty afterwards. I like to put stuff in my basket - both in real life and online - and then convince myself that I don't really need them and put them all back on the shelf - much easier done online LOL! Thanks so much for your visit! Have a lovely weekend! zsuzsa #23

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzanne, oh yes saving up for a trip is tricky when there are stamp and craft conventions you really want to go to. I have one coming up at the end of the month, but I am thinking about not going because of our vacation next month, ... decisions! Bu good of you to keep the haul to a minimum! Thanks for stopping at my blog earlier this week! Have a wonderful weekend! xo Cheetarah #24

    ReplyDelete