Wednesday, June 6, 2018

WOYWW 6-6-18

Another WOYWW and another chilly day in Chicago! I keep packing away my winter clothes and getting them out again! Though I'm not complaining. I prefer cool weather to hot any day.

This Sunday marks our kick-off for our children's ministry, and we're heading to my daughter's house on Saturday for a birthday barbecue for my two grandsons. So this week is extremely busy! I don't think I'll have time to make cards for my grandsons (and they won't really miss them), but in two weeks we will have a farewell/welcome party for our outgoing and incoming pastors. Here is the first card I made yesterday:


I have a lot of travel stickers to scrapbook our trips from last year, and they seemed appropriate for this card. The pastor is from Miami, and he and his family are moving there this summer. I apologize for the poor photo quality. I try to use my phone because the photos are easier to upload,  but I may have to switch to the camera.

The next card will be a congratulations card which will be a completely different style.

Yesterday hubby and I went to the Chicago Botanic Garden,  where I spent a bit of time relaxing by the pond.




That's it for this week! Have a great crafting week and don't forget to check out the wonderful talent at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, sounds like your weather has been similar to ours but like you I prefer it not too warm as it becomes uncomfortable to do anything when it's hot. Have a great woyww and a happy creative week, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just home from a Zumba Class which we had outside as it was so hot! I much prefer cooler weather too, although I am happy as long as it is mostly dry out.

    Love your bon voyage card.. very colourful. I think your picture quality is perfectly fine.. although I do all my blogging/replying from my cell phone.

    Love the fountain photo :)

    Sumbunneh hugs x
    Erika #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wearing shorts for the past month where it has been unusually warm here in Wales! It'll be a shock if the weather turns bad again. The botanic gardens look lovely, I'm very partial to gazing at plants 😊
    Hugs LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also prefer cool to hot but it is SCORCHING here in the middle of the country. HEat index today at one point was 109 F. Now it's 99 F.

    I remember visiting the Botanic Gardens when I was in Chicago a few years ago. I was impressed by the many different gardens that were there. So many beautiful ones and the horticulture program was most impressive, too. So glad you stirred that memory for me. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne, we have lovely weather here too, just the way I like it. Warm enough to sit in short sleeves, but not so warm as to be debilitating. Enjoy your grandsons' birthdays. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather has been weird here in Maryland. It was a crazy long winter with no snow, then a cold Spring. It got hot briefly, then the rains came. Now, it's cool and keeps raining every weekend. Great creating weather! Thanks for the visit.
    Angie #26

    ReplyDelete