Wednesday, October 21, 2015

WOYWW 10-21-15

It's Wednesday again!! Yay!! I'm trying to get a little more organized for our blog hop by taking pictures late on Tuesday, so all I have to do in the morning is edit them and write my post. I hope that's not cheating!

Here is my workdesk this week:

I've been working on Christmas cards. I went to a crop on Saturday (my first one ever!) and stamped some dark blue cardstock with a snowflake stamp using white ink. I love the effect! Here is the final version:
 

How does it look? I have to say, I'm quite proud of this one! I've been trying to make cards with a religious emphasis. I see so many lovely, creative, handmade Christmas cards that have a secular theme, that it's hard to stand out in the crowd!

Thank you to everybody for your suggestions last week, especially Julia! I tried rubbing an emery board over the stamps first before using them and the results are much better. Here is a closeup example of the problem I was talking about:  

I rubbed this particular stamp and tried again and the difference was amazing! I'm so happy to have a solution! (I also learned a few techniques for applying more even pressure at the crop, which has also helped). 

Well, that's it for today. Head on over to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ to take a gander at some other wonderfully talented crafters!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, sounds like the stamping's going well now. The Christmas cards look lovely. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. Glad you got your stamping sorted. Thanks for visiting me. Anne x #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are looking great! As for your problem, I guess it is water soluble ink like Distress inks) on perhaps a brand new stamp? I've found that it helps to dab Versamark on the stamp first, then the Distress ink. I've also watched a tutorial, where someone always stained her new clear stamps by using Archival inks for the first images. It doesn't all come of, and gives the surface enough grit to prevent the DI from forming droplets. Happy crafting!
    Kristiina #27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips. I don't have any distress inks yet. The ink I had the most problems with is a metallic pigment ink, though another pigment ink was fine. I'm going to stick with sanding down the stamp, since I have all of the tools necessary!

      Delete
  4. Hi Suzanne, Loving the cards. It's always nice to learn new things.

    I've never been to a crop, but I do go over to my friend when she has a crafting morning. Nice to craft with others.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #20

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun making Christmas cards! It looks great!

    Greetings, Sofie #56
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia knows lots of tips and tricks!! I'm glad it's helped your stamping improve, also that you enjoyed your first crop!! Crafting with others is so much fun :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xxx
    Ps. I'll enter you into the Old Bag draw, I post stuff all around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne,

    You should indeed be proud of your card. It's very nice. I'm not planning on stamping any Christmas cards - instead I'll use one of my photographs.

    I'm finally getting around to some desks today - better late than never.
    Happy belated WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay (38)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card turned out great and the BG is just wonderful
    hugs Nikki 3

    ReplyDelete