Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WOYWW 8-24-2016

It's been a while since I last posted, thanks to a cold that turned into a rip roaring sinus infection! I was under the weather for a few weeks, and last week hubby and I went away for a few days to do some nature photography at Horicon Marsh in Wisconsin. The interesting part is that we brought our 2 year old granddaughter with us, since we couldn't find a sitter and Mom had to work. I was a bit apprehensive about the whole arrangement, but it worked out pretty well. She isn't a fussy child, and pretty much goes with the flow. Her favorite thing was to play with gravel on the roads and paths!
Anyhow, back to cardmaking. I still haven't made much progress in cleaning off my dining room table. Illness and traveling will do that. It does look a little better, though. I not only want to get it cleaned off for crafting, but also for family meals!
In spite of everything, I did manage to make a card for my daughter's birthday. I'm quite proud of it. I definitely think it's one of my better ones!
I don't usually like to use ribbon and bows, just because they can be difficult! But I couldn't find my washi tape, and the bow was made of a specialty ribbon, where you pull on a thread and it ties itself up into a bow. Not bad, huh?
That's all for now! Hop on over to http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1 and check out some really talented people. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better. Glad the trip with the granddaughter worked out well. I love the card - so pretty.
    April #39

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card and what a sweet Grand daughter you have! My Grandson #1 was completely enthralled with rocks on the gravel road when he was two exceot that he kept trying to eat them. Grand children are just too wonderful for words aren't they? Happy Belated WOYWW, Scrapbook Lynne #37

    ReplyDelete