Wednesday, April 4, 2018

WOYWW 4-4-18

Here we are at the beginning of April, and it's cold and snowy in Chicago! This is a picture of our backyard this morning.


It was in the 20's and roads were icy! But I can't complain, other parts of the country and world have had it much worse. But the cottonwood trees (also known as poplars) are sending out their pollen, as my nose has been telling me. According to the Farmer's Almanac, we are in for a cool spring. I'm itching to go buy some plants for our back porch, but I'm afraid they'll freeze, so I have to wait.

There's not a lot to report this week crafting wise. Though I did cover a metal canister with some Contact paper and washi tape to make a cute container for my Prismacolor pencils.


The one on the left is what it looked like originally. I found that the lid didn't fit after all of my alterations, but I don't need it for the pencils. Next time I'll leave some space at the top.


Here are some stickers and dies for my scrapbooking that I picked up on sale at Michael's, all for $14 and some change. Have I mentioned I love Michael's? I'm especially happy about the dies for flourishes. I see them used frequently in scrapbooks. I don't have a Scan N Cut, just a Cuttlebug, so those dies will be used a lot! The artist stickers are for my next scrapbook page. Right now I'm scrapping photos of my brother. He enjoyed painting, and my next page will feature photos of some of his paintings.

Here is a picture that I picked up at an apartment where they were giving away free stuff after an estate sale. My daughter was able to get quite a few things for her kitchen. I brought home various items, and took this picture to hang in my office because I believe what it says!


And finally here is a shot of my desk. I wasn't able to get to the clutter, so it doesn't look much different from last week.


That's all for now. Be sure to check out some other desks at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com. Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, love that picture you got. And you clearly got some great bargains too. Crafting is all about learning, isn't it? I'd have made the same mistake with the tin as well. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW, I am so fed up with the weather. Great crafty weather though!! xx Jan (36)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne. You did well at the sale and giveaway! Those flourishes are great - yes, always useful.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne there is nothing better than a sale especially when you come home with goodies. Have a great woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne, those flourish dies certainly look like they will be useful. Some great bargains! Sarah #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy desk Suzanne! I love Michael's too! Always a lot of bargains if you are patient. I went the other day and got a spring flower arrangement for less then $5 that still had the $69 price flag on it! I am really sick (literally) with the weather here in OK. Usually we are warmer by now but they are saying we may have sleet tomorrow! Nasty year! Have a great weekend. Vickie #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flourishes will look amazing! As for the weather it's not been to bad where I am in the UK bit drizzly but managed a couple of coatless days this week and even got the washing out on one day. But then a friend who lives a bit further up North posted a picture that the day after she planted her Spring bulbs in glorious sun, she awoke to a blanket of snow the next day. Madness how different the weather can be just a few hours apart.

    Sorry I'm late - hope you are having a good week.
    Carmen x #37

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne, I do like your made over pencil pot - a very pretty addition to your busy desk. Those flourishes will be very useful for adding embellishment to scrap layouts. Hope the weather has cheered up for you this week. Thanks for your visit and comment earlier. Elizabeth x #25

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weather has improved a bit here. Love the flourish dies- looks like you've had a few different bargains. Thanks for visiting, sorry I am so late. Anne x #15

    ReplyDelete