Wednesday, November 18, 2015

WOYWW 11-18-15

It's Wednesday again, time for our weekly blog hop where we get to take a peek at each other's desks and see what's going on!

This week I have been working on a birthday card for my son-in-law, as well as finishing up some Christmas cards. Here's my photo:

I apologize for the darkness. For some reason this website won't allow me to upload edited photos from my Kindle.

I used my recently bought Scrapboss to stencil leaves and then used watercolor pens to color them in. This is my very first time using the pens. I'll use a small panel to stamp the sentiment. The background was made by patting a cotton ball on an ink pad and then daubing the panel. 

I'm committed to making a dozen Christmas cards for residents of homes for developmentally delayed adults, so I'm trying to finish those up.

Thank you to everybody who expressed concern for my granddaughter. She is okay, somewhat. Her cough got better after seeing the doctor, even though nothing was prescribed, but her mom got a stomach bug and then she got it (I'm avoiding them both!). It's always something, huh?

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ to see some other desks of some really talented crafters!

Vive la France!

9 comments:

  1. Suzanne, thank you for dropping by my space earlier.
    I really like that card with the leaves. You did a beautiful job with the stencil, sponging and watercolor pens. I haven't bought any yet , but they sound fun.
    It is fun to meet SCS friends on WOYWW. #52

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cards you made!

    Greetings, Sofie #17
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, watercolour pens, they sound fun!! I've never heard of those before...your leaves are lovely. I'm glad your GD is better...always ups and downs eh?
    Hugs, LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all your Christmas crafting goes well! Ali #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like wonderful cards! Glad your GD is better though sorry the stomach bug seems to have got to them now. Hopefully they'll be over it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your granddaughter is better. I really like the leaves - good image for a guy card. :-) April #39

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always something!
    Your cards are looking great and what a wonderful cause you're contributing to! I'm sure the residents will appreciate your kindness.
    Hope #46

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello and thanks for popping by. Sorry I'm late - internet was playing up last night. I've just made a card with a theme of leaves for a swap. Glad your GD better. Anne x #10

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to be so late poping by. Lovely cards - Horrible time of the year for bugs - keep well. Soojay 11x

    ReplyDelete